Former Indiana team doctor accused of sexual misconduct by at least 15 men's basketball playersNew Foto - Former Indiana team doctor accused of sexual misconduct by at least 15 men's basketball players

Content warning: This article contains alleged depictions of sexual misconduct At least 15 former Indiana University men's basketball players allegesexual misconductby former team physician Dr. Bradford Bomba, according to ESPN. Two former Indiana players — Haris Mujezinovic and Charlie Miller — originally filed a lawsuit against the university last October. Since then, at least three other ex-athletes have joined the lawsuit, and 10 additional men are planning to "pursue litigation," their attorney told ESPN. Bomba, who served as the team's physician for roughly 30 years, is accused of regularly giving players rectal exams during physicals. Rectal exams were not considered standard protocol for healthy, college-aged men at the time the exams were allegedly being performed, per ESPN. The former players believe those exams constitute sexual misconduct. They also allege university officials — including legendary coach Bob Knight — were aware of the exams and did nothing to stop them. Players claim they complained about the exams to Knight and former head athletic trainer Tim Garl, who continued to refer players to Bomba. Knight died in 2023. Garl served as the team's head athletic trainer for 45 years. Indiana declined to renew his contract in April. After the initial lawsuit was filed, Bomba was foundcompetent to be questionedabout the allegations. He took part inthat depositionin December, invoking his Fifth Amendment right multiple times. Bomba, 89, died in May. When the allegations dropped, Indiana commissioned an outside investigation into the situation. It determined that while Bomba did perform those exams, he did so in a "clinically appropriate manner." The investigation added there was "no evidence to suggest that Dr. Bomba achieved sexual gratification," per ESPN. At least two men reportedly considering filing suit contradicted those findings, with one claiming Bomba "fondled his genitalia" during a physical. Another man said Bomba performed a rectal exam on the man when he was a minor in high school. Indiana argued in court filings that the allegations by the ex-players fall outside the state's two-year statute of limitations regarding sexual-assault claims, per ESPN. In May, a magistrate judge allowed the plaintiffs to continue gathering records regarding the lawsuit. It's possible a presiding district court judge could dismiss the claims, however.

Former Indiana team doctor accused of sexual misconduct by at least 15 men's basketball players

Former Indiana team doctor accused of sexual misconduct by at least 15 men's basketball players Content warning: This article contains a...
Mike Macdonald: 'Crazy' to ask if Sam Darnold will be Seahawks starting QBNew Foto - Mike Macdonald: 'Crazy' to ask if Sam Darnold will be Seahawks starting QB

TheSeattle Seahawksare transitioning to a new starting quarterback in 2025 after three seasons under the leadership ofGeno Smith. Second-year coach Mike Macdonald gave Smith's replacement,Sam Darnold, a strong vote of confidence during a recent interview. Macdonald was asked in a Tuesday appearance onSeattle Sports 710 AMwhether there would be any way Darnold wouldn't end up being Seattle's Week 1 starter, barring injury. "No, you guys are crazy," Macdonald replied. "I respect that you've got to ask it, but it's just a crazy question. It's just not going to happen. Sam's our starting quarterback. We love him. He's doing a tremendous job." TheSeahawkssigned Darnold toa three-year, $100.5 million contractduring the 2025 NFL offseason. The deal came on the heels of his career-best season, during which he led theMinnesota Vikingsto a 14-3 record and completed 66.2% of his passes for 4,319 yards and 35 touchdowns with 12 interceptions. Darnold's strong 2024 season and big-money contract made him the clear-cut No. 1 option on Seattle's quarterback depth chart, which was overhauled during the 2025 offseason. In addition to signing Darnold, the Seahawks tradedSam Howellto the Vikings, brought backDrew Lockafter he spent the 2024 season with theNew York Giants, and drafted Alabama quarterbackJalen Milroein the third round of the 2025 NFL Draft. OPINION:Signing Aaron Rodgers is wrong move for Pittsburgh Steelers at this point However, Darnold's up-and-down performance at an open-to-the-media OTA session prompted questions about whether Lock or Milroe could challenge him for the starting job. Macdonald made it clear that won't happen and praised Darnold for making "a lot of great throws" and "gashing us on third-and-goal" during Monday's session. The 37-year-old coach also intimated any mistakes made during Seattle's offseason workouts are part of the process of learning and preparing for the 2025 season. "God forbid you're the worst player of all time because you made one bad throw or one bad decision," Macdonald said after bemoaning what he believes to be too-early assessments of Darnold and his team. "That is not what we're trying to build. We want these guys to go prepare the right way and then when they go out on the practice field, go freaking let it rip, and then we'll go fix it." "We've got time," he added. "It's June 3. They're going to get plenty of reps. We'll get those things fixed." This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:Mike Macdonald: 'Crazy' to ask if Sam Darnold will start for Seahawks

Mike Macdonald: 'Crazy' to ask if Sam Darnold will be Seahawks starting QB

Mike Macdonald: 'Crazy' to ask if Sam Darnold will be Seahawks starting QB TheSeattle Seahawksare transitioning to a new starting qu...
Who was Harvey Milk? Navy vessel may be stripped of gay rights leader's nameNew Foto - Who was Harvey Milk? Navy vessel may be stripped of gay rights leader's name

A U.S. Navy oil tanker named after civil rights leaderHarvey Milk is reportedly set to be given a new title– another apparent move to strip military diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives underDefense Secretary Pete Hegseth. U.S. officialsconfirmed to Reuterson June 3 that the USNS Harvey Milk, which was christened in 2021, will be renamed. An official told Reuters on the condition of anonymity that the directive came from Hegseth's office. In a statement to USA TODAY, Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said Hegseth "is committed to ensuring that the names attached to all DOD installations and assets are reflective of the Commander-in-Chief's priorities, our nation's history, and the warrior ethos." "Any potential renaming(s) will be announced after internal reviews are complete," the statement said. The Navy did not immediately respond to request for comment. Here's what to know about Milk and the Navy vessel named after him. USNS Harvey MilkNavy to strip gay rights activist Harvey Milk's name from oil tanker Harvey Milk became one of the nation's first openly gay elected officials when he won a seat on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in 1977. Born on May 22, 1930, Milk enlisted in the Navy in 1951. He resigned four years later after being officially questioned about his sexuality, according to theHarvey Milk Foundation. Milk moved to San Francisco in 1972, where he eventually became involved in politics. After several failed candidacies for roles in local office, Mayor George Moscone appointed Milk to the city's Board of Permit Appeals, making him the first openly gay city commissioner in the United States, according to the Milk Foundation. A year after Milk won election to the city's board of supervisors, he and Moscone were assassinated by a disgruntled former city supervisor. Milk was posthumously recognized for his work advocating for the LGBTQ+ community. A statue of Milk sits in San Francisco City Hall's rotunda, and a terminal in the city's airport is also named after him. In 2009, President Barack Obama awarded him the Medal of Freedom. In 2016, the Navyannouncedit would be naming a tanker after Milk as part of the John Lewis class of oilers, named after the late Georgia congressman. The U.S. Naval Ship Harvey Milk, which is identified by hull No. T-AO 206, waschristened in 2021. After successfully completing acceptance trials, the ship wasdelivered to the Navy in 2023. It's unclear when the tanker will be officially renamed. A U.S. official told Reuters it would not be surprising if additional ships in the John Lewis class were renamed, since others also honor civil rights leaders. Stuart Milk, Harvey Milk's nephew and the executive chair of the Harvey Milk Foundation, said in astatementon social media that the organization is "heartbroken" to hear of the possible renaming. "His legacy has stood as a proud and bright light for the men and women who serve in our nation's military – including those who have served on the USNS Harvey Milk – and a reminder that no barriers of race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or physical infirmity will restrain their human spirit," the statement said. The potential renaming of the USNS Harvey Milk would mark the Defense Department's latest move to cut diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives across the military. Hegseth nixed identity month celebrations, such as Black History Month and Pride Month, at the Defense Department. In March, the department pulled down and then scrambled to restore websites on military achievements by veterans such asJackie Robinsonand information on theNavajo Code Talkers. DEI explained:What is DEI and why is it so divisive? What you need to know. At military schools around the world, the department has alsopulled books from shelves,barred coursesanddefunded student clubs. President Donald Trumphas also vocally pushed to abolishdiversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. Contributing: Cybele Mayes-Osterman Melina Khan is a national trending reporter for USA TODAY. She can be reached atmelina.khan@usatoday.com. This article originally appeared on USA TODAY:What to know about Harvey Milk amid possible Navy ship renaming

Who was Harvey Milk? Navy vessel may be stripped of gay rights leader's name

Who was Harvey Milk? Navy vessel may be stripped of gay rights leader's name A U.S. Navy oil tanker named after civil rights leaderHarve...
Justice Department drops lawsuit against Trump adviser Peter NavarroNew Foto - Justice Department drops lawsuit against Trump adviser Peter Navarro

(AP) —The Justice Department is droppinga lawsuitthat it filed against White House trade adviser Peter Navarro, a case in which he was accused of using an unofficial email account for government work and wrongfully retaining presidential records during the first Trump administration, according to a Tuesdaycourt filing. The joint filing by the Justice Department and an attorney for Navarro doesn't explain why they are abandoning a case that was filed in 2022, during President Joe Biden's term in office. The one-page filing says each side will bear their own fees and costs. The lawsuit accused Navarro of using at least one "non-official" email account — a ProtonMail account — to send and receive emails. The legal action comes just weeks after Navarro was indicted on criminal charges afterrefusing to cooperatewith acongressional investigationinto the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol. Navarro served afour-month prison sentenceafter being found guilty of misdemeanor charges. The civil cases alleges that by using the unofficial email account, Navarro failed to turn over presidential records to the National Archives and Records Administration. The government notified the court of the lawsuit's dismissal a day before US Magistrate G. Michael Harvey was scheduled to preside over a status conference for the case. A Justice Department spokesperson declined to comment. A lawyer for Navarro didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment. Navarro served as a trade adviser during President Donald Trump's first term. A longtime critic of trade arrangements with China, he has been named senior counselor for trade and manufacturing for Trump's second administration. For more CNN news and newsletters create an account atCNN.com

Justice Department drops lawsuit against Trump adviser Peter Navarro

Justice Department drops lawsuit against Trump adviser Peter Navarro (AP) —The Justice Department is droppinga lawsuitthat it filed against ...
A guide to the NBA Finals as the Thunder and Pacers clash for championship crownNew Foto - A guide to the NBA Finals as the Thunder and Pacers clash for championship crown

The 2025 NBA Finals are finally here as the top-seeded team in the West, the Oklahoma City Thunder, square off with the red-hot Indiana Pacers. Game 1 tips off at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday from the Paycom Center. Thunder star Shai Gilgeous-Alexander,who took home MVPhonors this year after he led the league in scoring, has been the catalyst all postseason. He averaged 29.8 points, 6.9 assists and 5.7 rebounds as the Thunder cruised to the Finals with wins against the Memphis Grizzlies, the Denver Nuggets and the Minnesota Timberwolves. Jalen Williams (20.4 points per game) and Chet Holmgren (8.6 rebounds per contest) have also come up big. Oklahoma City has just four losses in the playoffs so far. The No. 4-seed Pacers, meanwhile, weren't exactly expected to get to this point. But thanks to huge performances from their superstar, Tyrese Haliburton (18.8 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game), they eliminated the Milwaukee Bucks, the Cleveland Cavaliers andthe New York Knicksin impressive fashion. Balance has been the key for Indiana, a team with six players averaging double-digit scoring this postseason. Who will come out on top? Stay with NBC News all series for the latest from Oklahoma City and Indianapolis. Date: Thursday, June 5 When: 8:30 p.m. ET Location: Paycom Center, Oklahoma City, Okla. How to watch: ABC or streamed on Fubo Spread: Thunder (-9.5) Moneyline: Thunder -400, Pacers +310 Over/Under:230.5 total

A guide to the NBA Finals as the Thunder and Pacers clash for championship crown

A guide to the NBA Finals as the Thunder and Pacers clash for championship crown The 2025 NBA Finals are finally here as the top-seeded team...
US Amateur champion Jose Luis Ballester of Spain joins LIV GolfNew Foto - US Amateur champion Jose Luis Ballester of Spain joins LIV Golf

GAINESVILLE, Va. (AP) — U.S. Amateur champion Jose Luis Ballester of Spain has joined LIV Golf and will make his professional debut this week at the Saudi-funded league's Virginia event. Ballester, who goes by the nickname Josele, signed a multiyear contract, LIV said Wednesday, and will be part of the Fireballs team captained by fellow Spaniard Sergio Garcia. "We are very excited about Josele joining the team," Garcia said in a statement. "Personally, I have known him since he could pick up a golf club and he has worked with my father as his coach throughout his golf career." The 21-year-old Ballester recently concluded his senior season at Arizona State, the alma mater of LIV stars Jon Rahm and Phil Mickelson. He finished third in the PGA Tour University standings, earning him full status on the Korn Ferry Tour, but Golf Channel reported Monday that he declined membership on the PGA Tour's top developmental circuit. Although he missed the cut at the Masters in April, Ballester had a viral moment whenhe relieved himselfin Rae's Creek on the par-5 13th hole. Ballester defeated Noah Kent 2 up inthe 36-hole U.S. Amateur finalat Hazeltine last August. Although he is turning professional, he keeps his spot in next week'sU.S. Open at Oakmontas the reigning champion of the USGA's top amateur event. Ballester joins Abraham Ancer and David Puig alongside Garcia on the Fireballs. Luis Masaveu loses his full-time spot on the team, although he remains in the lineup this week because Puig has a back injury. Masaveu does not have status on any other tour and he would be banned from competing in PGA Tour events for a year after his final LIV appearance. ___ AP golf:https://apnews.com/hub/golf

US Amateur champion Jose Luis Ballester of Spain joins LIV Golf

US Amateur champion Jose Luis Ballester of Spain joins LIV Golf GAINESVILLE, Va. (AP) — U.S. Amateur champion Jose Luis Ballester of Spain h...
Trump says Fed's Powell must lower interest rate - Truth Social postNew Foto - Trump says Fed's Powell must lower interest rate - Truth Social post

(Reuters) -U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday redoubled his calls for Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell to lower interest rates, noting that payroll processing firm ADP reported that job creation slowed in May. "ADP number out. 'Too Late' Powell must now lower the rate. He is unbelievable. Europe has lowered nine times," Trump said in a Truth Social post. ADP reported on Wednesday that U.S. private payrolls increased far less than expected in May, increasing by only 37,000 jobs last month after a 60,000 rise in April that was revised downward. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast private employment increasing 110,000 following a previously reported gain of 62,000 in April. Wednesday's ADP data came ahead of a more comprehensive employment report that will be released on Friday by the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics. Trump, a Republican, has hammered Powell for months in often personal attacks, with his calls for the Fed chair's resignation weighing on U.S. stocks and financial markets. Trump's repeated attacks have raised questions about the continued independence of the U.S. central bank under the Trump administration, although the U.S. president last month said he would not remove the Fed chair before his term ends in May 2026. (Reporting by Andrea Shalal, Brendan O'Brien and Katharine Jackson; Editing by Doina Chiacu and Chizu Nomiyama)

Trump says Fed's Powell must lower interest rate - Truth Social post

Trump says Fed's Powell must lower interest rate - Truth Social post (Reuters) -U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday redoubled his c...

 

MARIO VOUX © 2015 | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Designed By Templateism.com